The closing date for the role is 5pm on Friday 7th April 2017
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to appoint an Administration Officer (Maternity Cover Fixed Term Contract 6-9 months subject to review) to assist in the running of its operations.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of Community and Senior Management team with administrative duties.
- Provide excellent customer service while dealing with all external enquiries via phone, email and letter and ensuring messages are shared internally in a timely manner.
- Support the management team with the effective and efficient deployment of staff across all activities and projects.
- Support Project Co-ordinators to ensure that all participant registers and risk assessments are filed appropriately and securely in line with the Trust’s Data Protection and Risk Assessment policy.
- Lead on the administration of DBS checks for Community Trust staff and volunteers.
- Assist the management team with the creation and upkeep of registers for paid for activities such as After School Sports Club and holiday Soccer Schools.
- Provide administrative support to the Wigan Athletic Community Trust Board of Trustees including the compiling and distributing of minutes and reports prior to board meetings as and when required.
- Respond to and collate all charity requests that are received by Wigan Athletic FC including the donation of signed merchandise and other items provided by the Football Club.
- Help with the administration of the Latics in the Community match day lottery including ensuring all winners are contacted and receive their prizes in a timely fashion.
- Provide data entry support to project co-ordinators including the uploading of participant information onto the Views on-line monitoring and evaluation system.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- GCSE’s or equivalent in English and Maths grade A – C.
- Level 3 qualification in Business and Administration or equivalent
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- IT literate, with the ability to use the full Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to organise own and others workloads and to prioritise effectively.
The salary for this role is £15,000 to £17,000 per annum depending upon experience.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please download and complete the application form here and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Human Resources, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Robin Park, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
For a full job description, click here.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 7th April 2017
Interview date: Wednesday 19th April 2017