The deadline for applications is Friday 8th December 2017.
- The position is fixed-term until August 31st 2018.
- Successful candidate will work for the award-winning Wigan Athletic Community Trust.
- Role will support the Trust's delivery of sport in schools and the community.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to appoint a Schools Sports and Cohesion Coach to support it in its delivery of sport in schools and the community.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality football and sports coaching in Wigan primary schools as part of the Community Trust’s PPA offer
- Ensure that all activities delivered are in line with the Primary School PE Curriculum and OFSTED guidelines.
- Build and manage effective working relationships with host schools and all staff within the schools to ensure continuation of PPA contracts with selected schools.
- Assist in the delivery of evening football and sport sessions as part of the Premier League Kicks project.
- Collect the required monitoring information and ensure it is recorded accurately on the VIEWS on-line monitoring and evaluation system.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- FA Level 2 Coaching Award.
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Award in Multi Skills Development in Sport.
- Level 1 Coaching Award in one or more sports other than football.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering PE and sports coaching in schools to young people of all abilities and ages.
- Good knowledge of the current Primary School Curriculum and OFSTED guidelines.
- Awareness of safeguarding issues when working with children and young people.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th December 2017.
Salary: £15,000 - £18,000.
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.