The DW Stadium is looking to recruit a Sous Chef for the banqueting department.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the production of menus in accordance with the banqueting requirements
- Preparing and cooking high quality dishes in a banqueting environment primarily and to provide cover in Rigalettos Restaurant when required to do so
- Delivering food according to the daily business requirements, adhering to timescales and requirements of the clients
- Assisting in the ordering of stock and stock management
- Supervising staff effectively
- Ensuring the hygiene and food safety standards are met in accordance with the HACCP documents.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, competencies and qualifications:
- Proven track record of working in a varied multi scale banqueting
- Ability to successfully prepare and serve high quality food in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience of supervising and developing a team
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of Health & Hygiene legislation, (HACCP)
- Understanding of stock management and rotation
- NVQ Level 2 or above and/or relevant experience in Catering and Hospitality
- Intermediate food safety Certificate or willingness to work towards
Working an average of 37.5 hours per week 5 days from 7 on a rota basis including evenings and weekends.
Due to the nature of this role, the offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level.
To apply for the position please complete the application form and return via post to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midnight 10th November 2017
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.