Be responsible for the day to day running of Rigalettos Restaurant kitchen, managing a team delivering quality food from the A la Carte, Table d’hote and specials menus.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Producing diverse menus in accordance with the restaurant’s requirements
- Preparing and cooking high quality dishes in both a restaurant environment
- Purchasing food and supplies from designated suppliers approved by the company.
- Stock and budget management
- Managing staff affectively
- Ensuring the hygiene and food safety standards are met in accordance with the HACCP documents.
- Required to work 5 days from 7 on a rota basis including evenings and weekends on a split shift basis.
- Average of 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, competencies and qualifications:
- Proven track record of managing a restaurant kitchen
- Ability to successfully prepareand servehigh quality food in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience of supervising and developing a team
- Extensive understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in budget and stock management
- Knowledge of Health & Hygiene legislation, (HACCP)
- Understanding of stock rotation and management practices.
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths.
- NVQ Level 3 + or relevant experience in in Catering and Hospitality
- Intermediate food safety Certificate or willingness to work towards
Closing date for applications is midnight on 10 November 2017
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.