The role will encompass facilitating volunteering opportunities for young people aged 12-19 and deliver a Traineeship programme for young people aged 16-18 who are not currently in education, employment or training.
- Successful candidate will work for the club's award-winning charity.
- Salary for the position is £18,000 - £22,000.
- The closing date for the post is Friday 27th October 2017.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to appoint a Volunteer and Traineeship Coordinator to facilitate volunteering opportunities for young people aged 12-19 and deliver a Traineeship programme for young people aged 16-18 years who are not currently in education, employment or training.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Recruit and support young people into structured volunteering with the Community Trust and project partners.
- Identify external volunteering opportunities and organise training and development opportunities for volunteers.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of volunteer activity including the recording of volunteering hours completed and record data on a weekly basis onto an online monitoring and evaluation system.
- Enable a targeted number of young people gain an accredited sports qualification each year and manage the training budget accordingly.
- Recruit and deliver the Traineeship programme providing projected and actual figures on starts. volumes of learners in learning, achievements and progressions on a weekly basis.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a sport or community related subject.
- FA Level 2 Coaching Award.
- Experience of working with young people with limited skills supporting them into volunteering, employment and training opportunities.
- Proven experience of delivering successful employability programmes.
- Experience in working with vulnerable young people from a range of challenging back grounds in either a sports, arts or youth work setting.
- A good understanding of volunteering and issues around it.
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Download an application form here.
Download a job description here.
Closing date: Friday 27th October 2017
Interview date: Thursday 2nd November 2017
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.