Employment opportunities at Wigan Athletic Football Company.
- Vacancy: Health and Safety Manager.
- Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 4th May 2018.
- Complete an application form here.
Health and Safety Manager
Wigan Athletic Football Company is recruiting a Health and Safety Manager to work across a number of sites reporting to the Stadium Operations Manager. This is a full time, permanent post which will include evening and weekend work.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Reviewing and developing all aspects of the organisation’s Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensuring that it is implemented consistently across the organisation.
- Ensuring that the organisation has legally compliant systems and procedures in place.
- Working proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health and safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular audits.
- Ensuring that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to enable departments and all sites to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Providing staff with comprehensive and relevant information and training on health and safety systems and procedures, including advising on equipment purchase and workplace practices.
- Identifying areas of maintenance that may affect health and safety and help organise for any improvements, rectifications, reactive maintenance or repairs that may need to be carried out.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- Hold a valid NEBOSH Diploma or competence based IOSH membership.
- Experience in construction design management and food safety would be desirable.
- Proven track record of operating effectively in a similar role within a medium/large organisation.
- Experience of managing people and resources effectively to deliver health and safety.
- Experience of designing and delivering health and safety training to staff.
- Experience of managing health and safety operations across multiple occupancy sites.
- Demonstrable experience of the risk management and assessment processes.
- Ability to travel between sites.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria detailed in the job description.
The full job description is available here.
Please return your completed application to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 4th May 2018.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.