Get to know our latest recruit and USMT international Antonee Robinson.
- 10 Facts: Antonee Robinson on loan from Everton.
- Find out more about our USA international defender.
- Robinson has Sky Bet Championship experience on loan at Bolton Wanderers.
1. Antonee signed for Everton as an 11-year-old and worked his way through the academy.
2. After a successful 2014-15 campaign, Robinson won the U18s Player of the Season and earned himself a professional contract.
3. Robinson made his first competitive appearance for Everton's Under 21s in the Checkatrade Trophy in August 2016, a 2-0 victory away at his future loan club Bolton Wanderers, a match in which former Latics loanee Conor McAleny hit the target for the Toffees.
4. The left full back went on to make three appearances in the Checkatrade Trophy that season, including against Cheltenham Town and Blackpool.
5. Robinson joined Bolton on loan at the start of the 2017-18 campaign, making his debut in a 2-1 victory over Crewe Alexandra in the Carabao Cup alongside former Latics loanee Reece Burke. He went on to make his league debut against Middlesbrough a month later.
6. Antonee made 30 Sky Bet Championship appearances to help Bolton survive in the division.
7. Robinson assisted two key goals for the Trotters last season, setting up Gary Madine in a 1-0 win against Sheffield United and Sammy Ameobi in a 1-0 win against Bristol City.
8. The 20-year-old, who turns 21 this month, is capped at U18 level by the USA and received call ups for the U20s.
9. Robinson made his senior US Men's National Team debut in a 3-0 win against Bolivia in May 2018 and becomes the first USA representative in a Latics squad.
Great experience to play against a top team last night and get a hard fought draw. Huge effort from the lads! 🇫🇷 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/Gj2iHwjhfC— Antonee robinson (@Antonee_Jedi) June 10, 2018
10. Ahead of France's 2018 FIFA World Cup triumph, Robinson came up against the likes of Kylian Mbappe and Antoine Griezmann in just his second international appearance, a 1-1 draw in June.