Tracking the career so far of Callum Connolly following his return to Latics on loan from Everton.
- 10 Facts: Get to know Callum Connolly.
- Versatile 20-year-old has featured in defence and midfield over the past two seasons at Ipswich Town and Latics.
- England youth international joins on loan from Everton for his second spell.
1. Connolly has been in Everton's ranks since the age of 9, but he made his professional debut elsewhere, stepping out for Barnsley in a 3-1 win against Walsall in March 2016 during a brief loan spell at Oakwell.
2. Callum played three games for the Yorkshire side before returning to Everton to make his Premier League debut in a 1-1 draw against Southampton in April 2016 as a substitute for Seamus Coleman.
3. In a surprise announcement of the team news for Latics' away trip to Burton Albion in January 2017, Connolly was handed his debut on loan for the club and went on to net twice in the game as Latics won 2-0 against the Brewers.
4. Connolly made 17 Sky Bet Championship appearances and one appearance in the FA Cup against Manchester United at Old Trafford. Playing mainly as a right full back, he made his final Latics appearance on the last day of the 2016-17 season against Leeds United at the DW Stadium.
5. A third loan move of his career followed in 2017-18, joining Ipswich Town following one appearance for Everton in the Checkatrade Trophy against Notts County. Connolly made his Tractor Boys debut in a 2-1 away defeat at Queens Park Rangers.
6. Operating further forward as a midfielder, Connolly scored his first Ipswich goal five minutes into their away trip to Derby County in November 2017 with what turned out to br the winning goal, awarded by goal line technology as his near post header hit Scott Carson on the chest, with the former Latics keeper judged to be behind his line. See if you can spot it below.
7. Connolly went on a run of three goals in four matches after his winner at Pride Park, netting in the next game in a 4-2 victory at home to Nottingham Forest, before scoring again in a 2-0 win against Reading.
8. His fourth and final goal for the Portman Road club came in a 4-0 victory at Reading in his penultimate Ipswich appearance. Connolly played 35 times and featured in teams with former Latics players Martyn Waghorn and Emyr Huws.
9. Connolly has been capped for five England youth teams. He has worn the Three Lions for the U17s, U18s, U19s, U20s and most recently U21s.
10. The 20-year-old has won trophies for three of those five age groups, lifting the 2014 UEFA European Championships with the U17s, the 2017 FIFA World Cup with the U20s and the 2018 Toulon Tournament this summer with the U21s, in which he scored in the semi-final against Scotland.