Get to know our new forward Joe Garner following his move to Latics from Ipswich Town.
- 10 Facts: Joe Garner.
- Experienced goal scorer Garner arrives from Ipswich Town.
- Get to know our deadline day signing.
1. Born 12 April 1988 in Blackburn, Garner came through the ranks at his home town club Blackburn Rovers before joining Carlisle United on loan in 2007.
2. Joe made his professional debut in January 2007 against Crewe Alexandra and went on to score five goals in 18 games for Carlisle, the first of which came against Yeovil Town in February 2007.
3. Garner joined the Cumbrians on a permanent deal for the 2007/08 campaign, scoring 14 times in 31 appearances, including his first career double in a 4-2 victory against Hartlepool United in January 2008.
4. His impressive record saw Nottingham Forest pick up the former England youth international ahead of the 2008/09 season, in which he scored eight goals in 30 appearances, the first of which came in a 2-2 draw at Bristol City in November 2008, his first in the second tier of English football.
5. Garner spent time away from the City Ground a couple of seasons later, spending the 2010/11 campaign between Huddersfield Town and Scunthorpe United, scoring six times for the latter including braces against Sheffield United and Queens Park Rangers.
6. The forward made a permanent move away from Forest four games into the 2011/12 season when he signed for Watford. He made his debut against Reading in a 2-0 win and scored his only goal for the Hornets in a 2-0 win at Millwall in January 2012.
7. A move back to Carlisle United on loan materialised after three appearances for Watford in 2012/13, a happy hunting ground for Garner who scored eight goals in 18 games from September to December 2012 before signing for Preston North End in January 2013.
8. Garner scored 57 goals in 151 games during his three years at Deepdale. He scored 24 goals in 2013/14 including his first career hat-trick, 27 goals in 2014.15 as Preston won the League One Play Off final, including two hat-tricks and one quadruple, before hitting six in his final season.
9. Joe moved to Rangers FC in the Scottish Premiership for the 2016/17 season where he scored in just his second match against Celtic in September 2016. He netted 10 times in 34 appearances including a hat-trick in a 6-0 Scottish Cup victory over Hamilton Academical.
10. Garner returned to English football with Ipswich Town at the start of the 2017/18 season, scored on his debut in a 1-0 win against Birmingham City and went on to net 10 times in 32 matches.