Get to know our new signing from Rangers FC, Josh Windass.
- 10 Facts: The career so far of Latics' latest recruit Josh Windass.
- 24-year-old Windass arrives from Scottish Premiership side Rangers FC.
- Forward has scored 44 career goals, including 18 last season.
1. Born in Hull on 9 January 1994, Josh Windass, son of Hull City favourite Dean Windass, spent 10 years in the academy at Huddersfield Town.
2. Josh made his senior footballing bow in non-league at Harrogate Railway before joining Accrington Stanley in 2013.
3. Windass made his professional debut in the FA Cup in a 1-0 defeat at home to Tranmere Rovers, featuring alongside Kal Naismith and former Latics trainee Luke Joyce, as well as facing up against former Latics man Jason Koumas.
4. Josh featured 11 times in the 2013/14 season and was on the losing end on two occasions.
5. Windass scored his first professional goal to earn Accrington a 1-0 victory against Burton Albion in February 2015. He scored six times in his final 15 matches of 2014/15 and featured alongside current Latics backroom staff Andrew Procter and Anthony Barry.
6. The forward scored 17 times in 35 appearances for Stanley in 2015/16 including three braces. Accrington were unbeaten every time Windass scored a goal.
7. Windass joined Rangers FC for the 2016/17 campaign and scored his first goal for the Ibrox club in just his third appearance in a 3-0 League Cup victory at East Stirling. Josh was team mates with former Latics men James Tavernier, Rob Kiernan and Martyn Waghorn during his time in Scotland.
8. Windass made his league debut against Celtic in September 2016 and went on to play 27 times in total that season.
9. 2017/18 is the best season of Windass' career to date, with the 24-year-old on target 18 times in 41 appearances in all competitions. He scored his first career hat-trick in a 3-0 win against Fraserburgh in the Scottish Cup and followed it up with his first league hat-trick in a 5-3 away win at Hamilton Academical.
10. Windass' final goal for Rangers came in their thrilling 5-5 draw away at Hibernian on the final day of last season. He made three appearances this season, including two in the Europa League against FC Shkupi and one league appearance in Rangers' season opener against Aberdeen.