Reacquaint yourself with Lee Evans following his return to Latics on loan from Sheffield United.
- 10 Facts: Get to now Lee Evans as he embarks on a second spell with Latics.
- Wales international midfielder rejoins Latics on loan from Sheffield United.
- 24-year-old scored three goals in his first spell at the DW Stadium.
1. Born in Newport, Wales on 24 July 1994, Evans spent time in the youth ranks at Bristol Rovers and Newport County.
2. Lee made his senior debut at Newport in a 1-1 draw against Cambridge United in the National League as a 17-year-old in March 2012 and featured three times before the end of the season.
3. Evans scored his first goal at Rodney Parade in 4-0 thrashing of Nuneaton in August 2012. He hit three goals in 22 appearances, helping Newport back to the EFL as National League play-off winners.
4. Wolverhampton Wanderers snapped Evans up ahead of the 2013/14 season. He made his debut against Preston North End, before scoring his first league goal in a 4-0 win against Gillingham in just his third appearance. Evans achieved his second career promotion that season and scored two goals in 38 matches as Wolves returned to the Sky Bet Championship.
5. Evans made his first second tier appearance in August 2014 against Norwich City and scored once in 21 appearances for Wolves on their return to the Championship.
6. He spent the 2015/16 season out on loan at Bradford City where he played a key role in the Bantams' midfield on the way to the League One play-off final. Evans scored four goals in 41 appearances at Valley Parade.
7. On his return to Wolves, Evans played 18 times in the 2016/17 season before joining Latics on loan at the start of the 2017/18 campaign. Lee made his Latics debut in the 1-0 win at MK Dons on the opening day, before scoring his first league goal the next weekend in a 4-1 thrashing of Bury at the DW Stadium... a trademark thunderbolt!
8. Evans scored three times in 23 appearances and claimed eight assists for Latics before Wolves recalled him and sold him to Sheffield United.
9. The midfielder has three caps for Wales and scored two goals in 13 appearances for his country's Under 21s before his senior as a Latics player in November 2017.
10. Evans scored two goals in 21 games for Sheffield United last season, including a stunning side-foot volley in a 2-1 win against Middlesbrough at Bramall Lane in April 2018... the second wasn't a bit strike either!