Successful candidate will encourage and facilitate more people over the age of 55 to meet, socialise and adopt active healthy lifestyles.
- Work for Wigan Athletic Football Club's official charity.
- Please click here to read the person specification and job description.
- Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 19th December 2018.
With the support of the EFL Trust and the National Lottery, we are recruiting a part time member of staff to encourage and facilitate more people over the age of 55 to meet, socialise and adopt active healthy lifestyles.
Salary: £10,000 per annum based on 19 hours per week.
Length of contract: Fixed term to 31st August 2019 (with potential extension to 31st August 2021 subject to funding)
- Recruit 360 members to the Extra Time programme over a 3 year period and achieve all other project KPI’s
- Organise weekly Extra Time sessions at the DW Stadium and use Wigan Athletic assets to promote the programme
- Manage the welcome given to new members to ensure they are made to feel comfortable
- Encourage and support members to set up their own activity groups and organise events and trips
- Recruit volunteers to support the programme and participant’s routes into adopting a healthy lifestyle
- Liaise with members to choose content for Extra Time sessions and identify guest speakers to attend Extra Time sessions
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with partners such as EFL Trust, Age UK Wigan Borough, Inspiring Health Lifestyles, Wigan Council, Wigan Borough CCG and local community groups
You will be:
- Passionate about working with older people to enable them to lead full and active lives
- Knowledgeable of the local Wigan area and the relevant networks and services that are available to older people
- Experienced in empowering and motivating individuals and community groups
- Committed to removing the barriers to older people taking part in sport and physical activity.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 19th December 2018
Interview date: TBC
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.