Get to know Latics' January deadline day signing Devante Cole.
- Learn more about Devante Cole's career so far at Manchester City, MK Dons, Bradford City and Fleetwood Town.
- 22-year-old striker joined Wigan Athletic from Fleetwood Town on January 2018 transfer deadline day.
- 10 facts about Cole's career in the EFL.
Get to know Wigan Athletic's January Transfer Window deadline day signing Devante Cole, who joined the club on a two-and-a-half-year deal from Fleetwood Town.
1. Devante joined the Manchester City academy as a 7-year-old and worked his way up to feature through the age groups, including during City's 2013-14 UEFA Youth League campaign.
2. Cole made his professional debut on 19 August 2014 as a 19-year-old during a loan spell with Barnsley. He came on as a substitute for Leroy Lita in a 2-2 draw against Coventry City.
3. Four days later Cole scored his first professional four minutes into his second Barnsley appearance during a 4-1 thrashing of Gillingham.
4. The striker scored seven in his 23 matches for the Tykes before joining MK Dons on loan for the second half of the 2014-15 campaign, where he scored two on his first appearance in a 5-0 away win at Crewe Alexandra.
5. Cole enjoyed promotion to the Championship with MK, playing alongside the likes of Will Grigg and now Tottenham Hotspur star Dele Alli, before moving from City to Bradford City on a permanent basis ahead of the 2015-16 season.
6. A last minute debut goal for the Bantams followed on his debut and a week later he netted another winning goal in a 2-1 away victory over Port Vale. Former Latics loanee Reece Burke also scored in the game, and Devante featured alongside Lee Evans during his time at Valley Parade.
7. Cole scored six goals in 24 appearances and just 14 starts before joining Fleetwood Town in January 2016.
8. In the 2016-17 season Cole scored crucial goals against Shrewsbury Town, Sheffield United, Bradford City, Northampton Town and Scunthorpe United as Fleetwood made it into the Sky Bet League One play-offs.
9. Cole has been in fine form so far in 2017-18, scoring 12 goals in 34 appearances for the Highbury Stadium club, including during wins against Northampton, AFC Wimbledon, his former club Bradford, Chorley in the Emirates FA Cup, Oldham Athletic and Bury.
10. Devante is the son of Manchester United legend and former Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers and Fulham striker Andy Cole.