- Wigan Athletic v Blackpool match preview.
- Form guide, leading scorers and head-to-head record.
- Latics aiming to bounce back from Southend United defeat.
WIGAN ATHLETIC v BLACKPOOL
SKY BET LEAGUE ONE
TUESDAY 13 FEBRUARY 2018
KICK OFF 7.45PM
- TICKET NEWS: Pay on the day available in the East and South Stands.
- ODDS: The latest match odds from Mr Green.
- iFOLLOW: Listen to full match commentary on iFollow.
PRE-MATCH BUILD UP
Latics arrive back at the DW Stadium determined to kick-start another unbeaten sequence in Sky Bet League One following Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Southend United, a result which put a stop to Paul Cook’s side’s 16-match run.
Gary Bowyer’s Blackpool will be buoyed by their late point in a 2-2 draw at home to Walsall, with Armand Gnanduillet off the bench to equaliser in the 88th minute at Bloomfield Road, helping the Seasiders to only their sixth point of 2018 so far.
LAST FIVE IN ALL COMPETITIONS
Latics - WDWWL – 7 scored, 4 conceded
Blackpool – LDLDD - 3 scored, 6 conceded
LEADING GOAL SCORERS
Latics – Nick Powell 12, Will Grigg 9, Michael Jacobs 7
Blackpool – Kyle Vassell 8, Sean Longstaff 6, Kelvin Mellor 4
League: Latics 16 wins, 8 draws, Blackpool 9 wins
Latics’ home record leagues: Latics 8 wins, 4 draws, Blackpool 4 wins
Latics have struggled at home in recent years against the Tangerines, with just one victory in the last six meetings at the DW Stadium, but overall the record is positive. In fact, we were unbeaten in our first 10 home league matches against Blackpool, from our first meeting in March 1982, up to and including a 5-1 victory 18 years later.