Rigalettos Restaurant at the DW Stadium are recruiting a Head Chef.
- Vacancy: Head Chef
- Download the job description here
- Closing date for applications - midnight on Sunday 14th January 2018
The main purpose of the position is to:
Be responsible for the day to day running of Rigalettos Restaurant kitchen, managing a team delivering quality food from the A la Carte, Table d’hote and specials menus.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Producing diverse menus in accordance with the restaurant’s requirements
- Preparing and cooking high quality dishes in a restaurant environment
- Purchasing food and supplies from designated suppliers approved by the company.
- Stock and budget management
- Managing staff affectively
- Ensuring the hygiene and food safety standards are met in accordance with the HACCP documents.
- Required to work 5 days from 7 on a rota basis including evenings and weekends on a split shift basis. Average of 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, competencies and qualifications:
- Proven track record of managing a restaurant kitchen
- Ability to successfully prepare and serve high quality food in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience of supervising and developing a team
- Extensive understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in budget and stock management
- Knowledge of Health & Hygiene legislation, (HACCP)
- Understanding of stock rotation and management practices.
- GCSE’s or equivalent in English and Maths.
- NVQ Level 3 + or relevant experience in in Catering and Hospitality
- Intermediate food safety Certificate or willingness to work towards
To apply for the position please complete the application form and return via post to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 14th January 2018
Wigan Football Company ltd is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.