Wigan Athletic Football Club Academy is recruiting!
- Employment Opportunity: Head of Academy Sports Science at Wigan Athletic.
- Download, fill out and return an application form today!
- Closing date for applications is Sunday 29 July.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a Head of Academy Sports Science.
You will be required:
- To lead the physical testing throughout the season for the Professional Development Phase Squad.
- To lead delivery of strength and conditioning and the physical testing throughout the season for the Professional Development Phase Squad.
- To assist in the collection, interpretation and reporting of individual player data, including but not limited to GPS. Body fats, hydration, anthropometric data & fatigue monitoring.
- To assist the Academy Head of Sports & Medicine in the implementation of Sports Science.
You will have:
- A BSc (Hons) in Strength and Conditioning
- Extensive experience of working within the elite sports environment.
- A proven track record of working with children and adolescents
- The ability to work collaboratively with players, staff and parents.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to travel to different venues to undertake full duties of the role.
- A flexible approach and be willing to work hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays as necessary to carry out their duties.
For further details of the role and the person specification please [click here] to view the job description and read our guidance for applicants.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to email@example.com or by post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ
Closing date for applications is Sunday 29 July.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.