An employment opportunity at the DW Stadium.
- Stadium Catering Manager at the DW Stadium.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 27 July 2018.
- Apply now by downloading the online application form and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stadium Catering Manager
We are looking for an experienced Catering Manager to lead the stadium catering team at the DW Stadium: the home of Wigan Athletic Football Club and Wigan Warriors. This is an exciting opportunity for proactive and hands-on professional with a background in managing an effective stadium catering and/or large-scale conferencing and banqueting operation.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the front of house hospitality department which includes conferences, banqueting, bars and a restaurant. You will deliver a successful and profitable department along with identifying and implementing service improvements to achieve success and exceed customer expectations.
If you have:
- A proven track record of successfully managing a large-scale catering or stadium hospitality catering department
- An excellent understanding of and a real passion for good food and delivering a quality service
- Excellent team working skills and are prepared to get involved and work alongside team members to deliver
- A strong background in bars management
- Experience of driving the effective performance of a department by providing leadership which sets high expectations of all staff, addresses development needs and tackles any poor performance effectively
- Previous experience of managing a departments P&L and effectively managing to an agreed budget.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with customers, suppliers and staff.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Hospitality Management or equivalent
- Strong knowledge in beverage licencing, health and safety and food hygiene.
We would welcome your application for this role.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or to email@example.com.
Please visit our guidance for applicants.
Closing date for applications is Friday 27 July 2018
Wigan Football Company Ltd is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.