Wigan Athletic Community Trust are hiring for two positions!
- Work for Wigan Athletic Football Club's official charity.
- Community Trust work with over 12,000 people across the borough.
- The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 13th August 2018.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust are recruiting for the following key roles to support the work of the award-winning charity which helps over 12,000 people a year.
Staff Deployment and Projects Manager
As part of the Senior Management Team you will be responsible for the successful deployment of Community Trust coaches across over 200 sessions a week.
Reporting to the Head of Community, you will also be tasked with helping to improve the operations of the charity by undertaking a range of special projects and act as the Trust’s Designated Safeguarding Officer.
Salary: £25,000 per annum
- Assist the Head of Community with the annual Capability Status process for the Premier League Charitable Fund and EFL Trust.
- Implement regular staff training to ensure all staff members are aware of all the Trust’s policies and procedures including safeguarding.
- Develop and implement a rigorous quality assurance process to be used across all projects and activities.
- Support the Head of Community in the undertaking of special projects such as organising stakeholder events and fundraising activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree standard.
- Have a good knowledge of project management and the processes that underpin it.
- Possess a proven track record of successfully managing projects and solving logistical problems involving staff deployment.
- Have significant experience of working in a community based or sport charity environment.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of issues around safeguarding and how these can affect young people and vulnerable adults.
Accountant (22.5 hours a week)
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is recruiting a part-time accountant to assist the Head of Community and Board of Trustees to oversee all aspects of the charities finances.
Salary: £16,800 pro rata per annum.
The successful candidate will:
- Be qualified to AAT Diploma Level 4 or equivalent.
- Have proven successful experience of providing accountancy expertise to an organisation of income levels around £1million.
- Have the ability to interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers.
- Have experience of working for a charitable organisation.
For further details of the roles and the person specifications please visit https://www.wiganathletic.com/club/employment/ to view the job description for the Staff Deployment and Projects Manager vacancy and the job description for the Accountant vacancy.
To apply for either position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday 13th August 2018.
Interview dates: TBC
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.