Find out more about Wigan Athletic's latest addition ahead of the 2018-19 season as Reece James joins Latics from Chelsea on a season-long loan.
- 10 Facts: Reece James, on loan at Wigan Athletic from Chelsea
- James signed for Paul Cook's side ahead of the 2018-19 season
- An FA Youth Cup and U19 European Championship winner, James has enjoyed success as a youth footballer with Chelsea and England
1. Born in London on 8 December 1999, the day after Latics won 2-1 v Burnley in the EFL Trophy at the JJB Stadium thanks to goals from Carl Bradshaw and Andrew Morris.
2. Joined Chelsea at the age of 6, starting as a striker before moving back to the right full back position he now plays
3. Made under-18 debut in the 2015-16 season before helping the Blues' under-18s to win consecutive trebles in 2017 and 2018.
4. Signed first professional contract with the Blues in March 2017
5. Helped England's U19s to win the 2017 Toulon Tournament and U19 European Championship
6. Captained Chelsea to their fifth consecutive FA Youth Cup this season as they beat Arsenal 7-1 over two legs to lift the trophy.
Fa Youth Cup Champions💙🏆🔥 pic.twitter.com/m1FjTnbYWR— Reece James (@reecejames69) May 1, 2018
7. Featured for Chelsea' U23s in the Checkatrade Trophy as the Blues won 13-12 on penalties against League One Oxford United.
8. Played six times in total in the 2017-18 Checkatrade Trophy.
9. Scored vs Exeter City in Checkatrade Trophy win which sealed progress to the knockout stages.
10. Won Chelsea's Academy Player of the Year for the 2017-18 season.