Learn more about our latest summer signing Leonardo Da Silva Lopes
- 10 Facts: Meet our new signing Leonardo Da Silva Lopes.
- Learn more about Latics' summer signing from Peterborough United.
- 19-year-old Da Silva Lopes signs four-year-deal at the DW Stadium.
1. Born in Lisbon, Portugal, Da Silva Lopes moved to England as a 12-year-old and was picked up by Peterborough United at 14.
2. Two years later, Leo made his first team debut for the Posh as a 16-year-old on 25 April 2015 as a starter in a 4-3 victory against Crawley Town.
3. Da Silva Lopes featured eight times the following season, with the majority of his appearances coming towards the end of the campaign. He was involved in four victories.
4. Leo broke into Peterborough's first team in the 2016/17 season, featuring 46 times in all competitions.
5. His first senior goal came in the Carabao Cup against Premier League opposition in the form of Swansea City in August 2016. Former Latics loanee Jay Fulton also scored in the same game.
6. Leo followed up his first senior goal with two league goals by the end of the 2016/17 campaign, netting a double in a 4-2 victory against Bristol Rovers in April 2017, almost two years on from his professional debut.
7. Da Silva Lopes made 52 appearances during 2017/18, his highest tally in a single season so far.
8. Peterborough's 1-0 victory away at Bury in March 2018 saw Leo make his 100th career appearance, an incredible achievement for a 19-year-old.
9. Leo is comfortable in a number of positions, having played in central midfield and as a wing back for Peterborough.
10. Da Silva Lopes made his international debut for Portugal's Under 20s against Germany in March. He was also an unused substitute against England.