Due to the continual growth of the Academy at Wigan Athletic we are pleased to be in a position to recruit for Part Time Coaches to join our Academy setup. The positions will be in the Foundation Phase (U9 – U11) and Youth Development Phase (U14 – U16) and will be responsible for delivering high quality coaching and support to players in an elite environment.
The successful candidate(s) will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- UEFA B Licence (essential)
- FA Youth Award (minimum Module 2 working towards Module 3)
- Hold a current FA Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) certificate
- Proven coaching experience within an elite environment
- An ability to deliver effectively across the 3 age groups in the phase e.g. U9, U10 and U11 and differentiate where appropriate.
- An approachable manner towards young people
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with other department members and coaching staff.
- Willing to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate(s) will benefit from the following:
- A dedicated mentoring programme to support their own personal development
- An Individualised Development Plan
- An ongoing Continued Professional Development (CPD) programme
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level.
For further details of the role and guidance for applicants please visit http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/club/Employment.aspx
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to email@example.com or to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 17th June 2018
Interview date - week commencing Monday 25th June 2018
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.