Incredible support for Wigan Athletic Community Trust as Latics memorabilia items raise funds for vital work across Wigan Borough.
- Wigan Athletic Memorabilia sale a huge success.
- More than £8,000 raised in aid of Wigan Athletic Community Trust.
- Funds go towards activities based around schools, community development, training and skills.
Latics Memorabilia Sale was an instant hit with hundreds of Wigan Athletic supporters helping to raise more than £8,000 for Wigan Athletic Community Trust, aiding the Trust's work in schools, community development, training and skills for residents of Wigan Borough and the surrounding areas.
Supporters picked up some old favourites from the club's back catalogue of shirts, exclusive framed photographs documenting landmark moments and much more during the event at the DW Stadium on Wednesday 27 June.
Head of Community Trust, Tom Flower, thanked Latics fans for their support on the evening, saying:
"Latics Memorabilia Sale was an excellent idea and we're very grateful to the club for allowing us to use the proceeds from the evening for our projects.
"Wigan Athletic supporters have always been incredibly supportive to the Community Trust and the sale is another clear example of their dedication to helping our initiatives make an impact in the local area."
Each year Wigan Athletic Community Trust works with over 12,000 people a year on projects based around: Schools, Community Development and Training and Skills and aims to:
- Increase participation in sport across all levels of society – particularly those from under-represented groups
- Encourage young people and families to lead healthier and more active lifestyles
- Improve the skills, aspirations and achievements of young people
- Contribute towards increased community cohesion by improving the quality of life for young people and families.
Click here to view the Community Trust's 2017 Impact Report.
To watch a video of the Community Trust's Impact, please click here.
Follow this link to donate kindly to the Community Trust's JustGiving page.