Successful candidate will provide mentoring activities for 12-19 year olds as well as assist in the delivery of the Kicks project.
- Work for Wigan Athletic Football Club's official charity.
- The closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2018.
- Length of contract for the position is 12 months.
In partnership with Wigan Council, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Inclusion Officer to join Wigan Athletic Community Trust to help enhance the life chances of young people across the Wigan Borough.
The Inclusion Officer will work as part of the Community Development team to provide a range of mentoring activities for targeted young people aged 12-19 as well as assisting in the delivery of the Kicks project, which provides sports, training and volunteering to over 1,500 young people each year.
- Provide mentoring support for targeted young people from the Marsh Green area of Wigan and support them to access social, leisure and educational activities delivered by the Community Trust and other partners.
- Run health and lifestyle workshops for young people as part of the Community Trust’s 12th Man health intervention scheme.
- Support the delivery, organisation and management of all aspects of the Kicks project.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with Wigan Council and other partners working with young people in Wigan.
You will be:
- Educated to a degree standard (or equivalent) in a sport or community related subject or relevant experience in a youth and community setting.
- Experienced in a youth work setting and have experience of working with hard to reach young people.
- Experienced in managing and co-ordinating sports based projects.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role.
Please return your completed application to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th May 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 30th May 2018
Length of contract: 12 months
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.