Successful candidate will deliver PE coaching and mentoring and improve the confidence of teachers in the subject.
- Work for Wigan Athletic Football Club's official charity.
- Role will entail working on the Premier League Primary Stars project.
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday 5th June 2018.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Schools Sports Coordinator to join Wigan Athletic Community Trust to assist in the effective delivery of the Premier League Primary Stars project.
The successful candidate will deliver high quality PE coaching and mentoring and provide advice to teachers to improve their confidence in running PE sessions.
- Provide high quality PE coaching to a group of selected primary schools in Wigan.
- Work with primary school teachers to provide mentoring and advice to improve their confidence in running PE sessions.
- Support a range of education programmes for primary school pupils covering literacy, numeracy and PSHE.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with selected primary schools to enable the Community Trust to achieve its target from the Premier League Charitable Fund.
You will be:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in supporting the delivery of PE and School Sport.
- An NGB Level 2 qualified sports coach and have an additional Level 1 coaching award in one or more sport other than football.
- Have proven experience of delivering high quality PE and sport in schools and have a thorough knowledge of the national curriculum and OFSTED guidelines.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role.
Please return your completed application to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 5th June 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 4th July 2018
Length of contract: 12 months (until 31st August 2019)
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.