Working alongside Wigan Athletic Community Trust and Wigan Youth Zone, the charity can expect to receive a number of benefits.
- Latics seeking to support new charity ahead of Championship season.
- The Brick were the official charity for 2017/18 and raised over £25,000.
- Preference given to charities designed to benefit people in Wigan.
After a hugely successful 2017/18 season both on and off the field for Latics, with Paul Cook’s side clinching the Sky Bet League One title and charity of the season The Brick raising over £25,000, the club are now looking for a new charity partner for the 2018/19 campaign.
Over the past few seasons, the club have worked with a number of prominent Wigan charities, most recently The Brick, and now wish to support a new charity ahead of the upcoming season.
Working alongside the club’s two official charities, Wigan Athletic Community Trust and Wigan Youth Zone, the benefits the charity can expect to receive are:
- Launch of partnership with manager and players at the training ground and match day presentation at a Wigan Athletic home fixture.
- Exclusive photo opportunities on request with Wigan Athletic players at the training ground.
- A designated home match for the charity to raise funds and the profile of its work.
- Features in the match day programme and on the club’s official website, with a permanent link from the website to the charity to promote its work.
- Chosen charity’s fundraising initiatives to be promoted by the club’s social media channels.
- Five signed items of club merchandise for fundraising purposes.
- Player appearances at promotional activities and events (subject to availability).
- Access to the DW Stadium conference room for one fundraising event/activity (event to be organised by the charity and subject to room availability).
- Bucket collections before two Wigan Athletic home fixture during the 2018/19 season.
To apply to become Wigan Athletic’s charity of the season, please click the application form here.
Applications should be made by an authorised representative of the charity and include full contact details, including charity registration number, and e-mailed to email@example.com by no later than 9am on Monday 2nd July 2018.
Preference will be given to charities that are designed to benefit the people of Wigan and its surrounding areas.
Throughout the season Wigan Athletic will continue to consider other specific smaller charitable requests made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wigan Athletic Football Club, Wigan Athletic Community Trust and the DW Stadium are committed to respecting and promoting equality and diversity across all its activities through Together.
Click here for more information about Together.