Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit an Academy Performance Analyst to provide analysis support to the Academy Players in the Professional Development Phase.
- Film and code all U18 matches.
- Analyse player development through video (training sessions and matches) to help the development of individual players, assisting to their progression though the Academy.
- Provide pre-match and post-match video analysis sessions to both the squad and individuals.
- Undertake statistical post-match analysis with objective data.
- Data collection and analysis to allow research and insight into the strengths and areas for development for the squad.
- Provide support to all departments to ensure the Academy complies with EPPP.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of providing high quality performance analysis support within a Football Club, preferably in an Academy environment.
- An undergraduate degree in a sports related subject.
- Have a sound understanding of the technical and tactical aspects of football.
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience of using analysis software.
- Attention to detail with excellent organisation and time management skills.
For further details of the role and the person specification please visit www.wiganathletic.com/club/employment and read our guidance for applicants.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
Closing date: 5 pm on 19th October 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 29th October 2018
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.