Get to know our new experienced defender Jonas Olsson following his arrival from Sweden.
- Jonas Olsson Fact File.
- Former West Bromwich Albion centre back arrives following a spell in his homeland with Djurgardens.
- Olsson became Latics' fifth January signing following Anthony Pilkington, Danny Fox, Leon Clarke and Beni Baningime into the DW Stadium.
1. Jonas Olsson began his career in his home town of Landskrona with Landskrona BolS, before signing for Dutch side NEC Nijmegen in the Netherlands in 2005.
2. In 2008, the central defender made his switch to the Premier League to join West Bromwich Albion. He made his debut in a 3-2 victory against West Ham United at the Hawthorns, in the same side as future Latics players Scott Carson and Leon Barnett.
4. The defender made 28 appearances that season, scoring three goals. He featured twice against Latics, losing 2-1 at the DW Stadium before a 3-1 win for the Baggies back at the Hawthorns.
5. After relegation, Olsson was crucial in West Brom's defence with 48 appearances during the 2009-10 promotion back to the Premier League.
6. During his time at West Brom, Olsson featured in squads with some familiar Latics names, Marc-Antoine Fortune, Paul Scharner, Liam Ridgewell, Scott Sinclair, Callum McManaman and James McClean.
7. From 2008-2017, Olsson played 224 times in the league for West Brom and scored 12 goals.
8. The defender helped West Brom to two 10th place finishes, as well as eighth, 11th, 13th, 14th and 17th.
9. Olsson represented Sweden 25 times and also played in the 2012 UEFA European Championship.
10. The 35-year-old's record against Latics has seen him play in six matches, winning two, drawing one and losing three.