Latics are looking to appoint apprentices to help provide PE and sports coaching to primary schools and community groups.
- Work for Wigan Athletic Football Club's official charity.
- Help provide high quality PE and sports coaching in Wigan.
- Click here for more details about the apprenticeship and how to apply.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to appoint a number of Apprentice PE and Sports Coaches to help provide high quality PE and sports coaching to primary schools and community groups across Wigan.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the delivery of high quality PE and sports coaching in Wigan primary schools
- Assisting in the delivery of Wigan Athletic Community Trust holiday courses
- Collating and inputting data on to an online monitoring programme
- Delivering community-based football events in Wigan including evening and weekend activities
- Successfully completing an NVQ Level 3 Diploma in PE & School Sport & Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness
- Completing the FA Level 1 and Multi Skills Level 2 courses along with FA Emergency First Aid and Safeguarding Children
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- GCSE Grade 4 in PE or a Level 2 sport qualification
- GSCE Grade 4 or above in English and Maths
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Hard working and flexible
- Reliable and punctual
- Self-motivated and the ability to work well within a team
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For further details of the role and to apply please visit https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-345776 and complete the online application.
Closing date: 14th June 2019
Interview date: 25th June 2019
Contract: 18-month fixed term contract: 2nd September 2019 – 31st March 2021
Salary: Apprentice National minimum wage
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.