Team Leader will engage, challenge and inspire their team; supporting each individual on their NCS journey from start to finish.
- Work for Wigan Athletic Football Club's official charity.
- Community Trust recruiting for their NCS summer 2019 scheme.
- You will lead, inspire and guide young people through a 4 week project.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is recruiting for NCS Team Leaders for their National Citizen Service programme for summer 2019.
As part of a larger cohort, the NCS team leader will play an integral part in delivering the programme this summer. You will lead, inspire and guide a team of 15 young people through a 4 week programme (including two overnight residential weeks).
You will engage, challenge and inspire your team; supporting each individual on their NCS journey from start to finish ensuring they reach their full potential and have a memorable and life changing experience.
Salary: £16,800 per annum - pro rata
Length of contract:
4 Weeks: 8th July – 2nd August 2019
4 Weeks: 5th August – 30th August 2019
8 Weeks: 8th July – 30th August 2019.
You will have:
- Previous experience in youth work, teaching, instructing or coaching.
- Experience of working directly with teams of young people, including some with challenging behaviour.
- Experience of facilitating small group discussions and reflective learning.
- Experience of planning, delivering and evaluating activities.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Attend compulsory training events including first aid, safeguarding, online training and a two-day programme overview prior to delivery. These dates are not flexible and should the applicant not attend these it will result in your application being withdrawn.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview date: TBC
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The Company recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Company expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.