Get to know our latest addition to the first team squad, Lewis Macleod.
- 10 facts about new Latics signing Lewis Macleod.
- 25-year-old midfielder scored three goals in the Sky Bet Championship last season.
- Macleod is a former Scotland youth international who came through the ranks at Rangers FC.
1. Born 16 June 1994, Lewis Macleod came through the academy at Rangers, having played junior football with Livingston. He made his Rangers debut as an 18-year-old in a 4-0 victory over East Fife in the Scottish League Cup in August 2012.
2. One of a number of young players given opportunities in Rangers' side as they began their ascent from the bottom tier of Scottish football back to the Premiership, Macleod scored three goals and claimed five assists in 23 appearances in 2012-13, with his first goal coming against Montrose in September 2012. Lewis won Rangers' Young Player of the Year award as his side claimed the Division Three title.
3. Macleod continued to excel in the 2013-14 season, scoring three goals in the opening five matches of Rangers' Scottish League One title-winning campaign. He scored five in total in 21 games and set up four goals.
4. Across the Scottish Championship and Scottish League Cup, Macleod scored eight times and claimed six assists in half a season in 2014-15, including notching against the likes of Hibernian, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and St. Johnstone.
5. In December 2014, following such a good start to his season, Macleod was snapped up by Brentford FC, who were managed by future Rangers manager Mark Warburton - he went on to make his debut in February 2016 against Brighton & Hove Albion.
6. Macleod claimed four assists in 13 appearances in 2016-17 as Brentford finished 10th in the Sky Bet Championship.
7. In 2017-18, Macleod scored his first goal for the Bees in a 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough. That season, he helped Brentford to another mid-table finish in the Championship in ninth place.
8. Macleod scored on the opening day of the 2018-19 campaign in a 5-1 victory against Rotherham United at Griffin Park and also claimed an assist. He netted three times last season and set up two goals, with his final appearance of the campaign coming against Latics in a 0-0 draw at the DW Stadium.
9. Lewis has been capped internationally by Scotland at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U21 levels. He was handed a senior call-up in November 2014, but was an unused substitute for a friendly against England.
10. Macleod has scored 20 goals and provided 21 assists in 119 appearances in all competitions in club football.