Wigan Athletic Football Club are undergoing a digital and marketing overhaul during the close season, and therefore we have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic marketing professional who wants to help to drive and implement this project.
This is a newly created role which will pro-actively support the delivery of day-to-day digital communications, supporting the club’s wider marketing and communications strategy. The role is a permanent role, working predominantly Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, however working weekends and match days will also be essential. This role will be based at the DW Stadium with some travel to local training sites.
- Assist with the execution of our communications output across web and digital channels, including content creation and direct marketing campaigns.
- Have demonstrable knowledge or experience in the areas of data, marketing, digital communications, PR, social media and website management.
- Be able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in how you would showcase our club and communicate directly to our supporters.
The role is primarily data focussed, and would suit an individual with an eye for detail and a passion for data segmentation and targeted marketing campaigns.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in a related field.
- Show a knowledge, understanding and passion for data – as you will become the internal champion for our new data and marketing strategy liaising across all departments to ensure their requirements are met.
- Have a keen interest in delivering engaging and relevant content to supporters across our various channels including Email, App and Social.
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills.
- Possess excellent written communication skills to support the Head of Communications & Digital in content creation.
- Be a team player and able to work flexibly to support the needs of the business, including match-days and events.
For further details of the role and the person specification please visit www.wiganathletic.com/club/employment and read our guidance for applicants.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to email@example.com or to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
Closing date for applications is Monday 22nd July 2019 at midnight.
The group is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The group is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.