Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to appoint a Training and Skills Manager to lead on implementing the Community Trust’s Training and Skills strategy with a particular focus on enhancing the life chances of 16-24 year olds.
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Length of contract: Full time - Permanent
- Manage a number of training and skills projects for 16 – 24 year olds including Level 2 Study Programme, Level 3 Apprenticeships, Traineeships, NCS and Foundation Degree.
- Work with the Head of Community to identify new funding opportunities and partnerships linked to training and skills.
- Manage relationship with a range of partners that the Community Trust has educational contracts with including Wigan and Leigh College, EFL Trust and University of South Wales.
- Develop the training and skills strategy so that the Community Trust can provide a range of in-house training courses for both staff and participants.
- Manage the performance of a team, addressing development needs and tackling any poor performance effectively.
- Lead on monitoring and evaluation processes and implementation of the Community Trust’s Outcome Framework across the Training and Skill section of the Community Trust.
- Manage the internal quality assurance process across all of the Community Trust’s post 16 education provision including Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Foundation Degree programmes.
- As part of the Senior Management Team help to create a culture and environment of continuous improvement across the organisation.
- Support the Head of Community and the Senior Management Team in ensuring continuous professional development opportunities are available to staff across all levels of the Community Trust.
- Represent the Community Trust at relevant stakeholder meetings at both a local and national level.
You will have:
- A proven track record of delivering and managing education projects for post 16 students
- Experience of managing education sub-contracts and of partnership working
- The ability to attract new funding and opportunities to an organisation linked to training and skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and priortising skills
- The ability to create and build partnerships with external stakeholders
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Sound understanding of equality and diversity
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching within further or higher education
- Proven track record of delivering and managing education projects for post 16 students
- 1st4sport Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (or equivalent)
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport
- Understanding of current issues in the education and training sector
- Experience of working in a professional sports club
- Experience within a leadership role and line managing full time staff
- Experience of delivering and managing CPD programme to coaches or teachers
- Full clean driving license
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For further details on both these, the person specification, job description and guidance for applicants please click here
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to email@example.com or by post to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
Closing date for applications: 28th July 2019
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.