Wigan Athletic is recruiting for two casual team members to work in the Club Shop on match-days.
As a retail team member you will be assisting and carrying out essential match day tasks within the Wigan Athletic Store whilst providing excellent customer service.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience of working in a customer facing role.
- Ideally, experience working in the retail and/or sports environment
- Confident and assured to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to engage with customers offering help and guidance
- Ability to use own initiative to maintain a high level of fan experience and service
- GCSE A-C Maths and English
- Strong numerical and literacy skills
- Experience/confidence in using a till system [full training will be provided] and cash handling.
- Willingness to undertake training
- Ability to work regular weekends including some bank holidays.
For further details of the role and the person specification please visit www.wiganathletic.com/club/employment and read our guidance for applicants.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to email@example.com or to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 20th June 2019.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Club is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The Company recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Company expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.