Wigan Athletic Community Trust is recruiting an Inclusion Officer to help enhance the life chances of young people in Wigan.
An opportunity is available for the right candidate to work as part of the Community Development team providing a range of mentoring and educational activities for targeted young people between the ages of 8 – 16.
Working with local partners you will engage and consult with young people in a specific area of Wigan to organise and deliver activities they would like to take part in.
The role will also require you to work on the Premier League Inspires project with selected secondary schools and alternative education providers running activities for pupils who are at risk of not reaching their potential.
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000
Length of Contract: 12 months
- Work with Wigan Council, Greater Manchester Police and other external partners to identify and carry out conversations and consultation with young people to see what activities young they would like to see provided in their communities.
- Deliver activities based on consultation and feedback from young people including sporting activities, refreshment and somewhere safe for young people to meet in evenings and weekends.
- Organise and/or deliver workshops to young people around positive mental health, drug and alcohol awareness and future training and employment opportunities.
- Work with selected secondary schools and alternative education providers as part of the Premier League Inspires project to run activities for pupils who are at risk of not reaching their potential.
You will have:
- Proven track record of working with hard to reach young people in a youth work or school environment.
- Experience of delivering educational workshops/lessons.
- The ability to empathise with young people and also challenge negative behaviours.
For further details of the role and the person specification please visit www.wiganathletic.com/club/employment to view the job description and read our guidance for applicants.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is:Monday June 24th at 12pm Interview date: TBC
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The Company recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Company expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.